Friday, June 23, 2006

The Raid

I've had a chance to relax, Princess P is sleeping, Mrs P is on a night out with her friends so whats happened today? Well, we did it! Fun as well. I did the Book 101 with a little help from the BSU guvnor, giving me a few useful tips. Anyway, we went to the briefing and got ourselves ready. BSU were kitted out in their level 2 gear and really looked the biz. They entered through the front door with a battering ram and I made my way into the garden with two dog section officers and their dogs. They're mean critters and the dogs can get pretty lively too! Anyway, we secured the male who lives in the shed(!) I had to be told a few times to 'stay away from the dogs' and 'don't get infront of the dogs'. I can see why. The rest of my team went in through the back door.

There were about 14-16 of them sleeping in the house. The main person we were after was there and so he got nicked. On a name check, one was wanted so he got lifted too. And the third was a female who couldn't explain the goods she had with her. She got taken as well on suspicion. All round, it was good. Three in. Of course Control were having a fit because there were hardly any units to attend to calls but hey, that's always their gripe anyway. On the way out,one of the BSU officers helpfully pointed out the damaged front door and wall and said that the family should get that fixed as he wouldn't like to live in a house with a broken door, so would they? The family asked us who would pay for the damage, the answer amused me and. snigger. Am I mean? I don't think so, as the chappie we were looking for is prolific and his family know that. When asked about items we seized, they all said it belongs to chappie and they know he's a junkie who doesn't work. It does't take a genius to work out that chappie is a slag.

Then came the downer after the excitement. The paper work, the cancelling of warrants, the arranging of briefs and interpreters, the going into interview and THEN them saying they want a solicitor. Thankfully, all I had to do was finish off my book and do the warrants. Its a funny old job, you get out there and when you get a call, the adrenaline rushes you, you go with it and get the job done. Then you get back to custody and down you come, fustration and all when it doesn't run like clockwork. Most of the time it doesn't, but the next shift, we do it all again. Why? For me its because no day is the same. You have your great days and you have your crap days (gaoler, station officer, take your pick) but every day is different.
PS. Its also because it pays the mortgage!

4 Comments:

Blogger ExtraSpecialCopper said...

Nothing like a nice early wake up call fr some of our customers hey :)

Good blog a good read! Hopefully many more to come!

Jun 25, 2006, 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger DogsBody said...

Nice one mate! Rule number one, "never admit liabilty" when it comes to damaged doors, unless it's the wrong door that was put in!

Jul 2, 2006, 7:18:00 PM  
Blogger The Blue Pimpernel said...

Totally agree about the doors, in fact, weedy bloke that I am, my swing sometimes fails slightly and I smash the doorframe to bits as well as the door. Shame that.
Reminds me of a warrant we did many years ago, this guy had so many bolts on his door that we couldn't get in with the enforcer. But, the fact that you could see from where the door was flexing showed that it had to have been bolted from the inside gave us the grounds to show that someone was indeed inside helped. No need to smell gas. So, we just flung it through his french windows instead, went in and dragged him out. Oh, how I laughed.
Goog blog, btw, takes me back to my probation!

Sep 24, 2006, 11:49:00 PM  
Blogger The Blue Pimpernel said...

Good blog, even! D'oh!

Sep 24, 2006, 11:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home